Here are answers to some frequently asked questions we get asked about joining Desert Hot Springs PD.
- 21 years old at time of appointment
- Possess a high school diploma, GED or CHSPE equivalent
- Valid California driver’s license
- Record free of any felony convictions and be free from any misdemeanor conviction involving
- Graduation from an accredited California Law Enforcement Academy or the ability to obtain
basic POST certificate
Salary range: $38.20 – $46.57 hourly, $83,692.19 – $101,728.38 annually
Incentive pay for education, POST Certificate, Bilingual, Traffic Accident Investigator, Longevity, Assignment. Receive up to 20% additional for incentive pay.
The hiring process consists of an initial interview and review of the applicants’ qualifications and background. An extensive background check is conducted which includes polygraph examination, reference checks, criminal history check, credit check, education verification, physical examination, and psychological examination.
The hiring process can usually be completed within 90 days.
Specialty assignments include.
- Field Training Officer
- Motorcycle Officer
- School Resource Officer
- Homeless Liaison Officer
- Task Force Officer
- SWAT Officer (Regional SWAT Team)
- Traffic Officer
- Major Accident Investigation Team
- Possession of a POST Basic Certificate
- Successful completion of a POST approved Field Training Program
- Currently employed as a full-time, non-probationary Police Officer in good standing with a California Law Enforcement Agency
Use the form below to talk to a recruiter.